Wien | Website
Sample scanning Brillouin scattering confocal microscope with parallel fuorescence detection channel.
The VBCF Advanced Microscopy Facility provides access, training and technical support for researchers to an expanding inventory of cutting edge optical imaging techniques.
For more information on the most current configuration of Brillouin Scattering Microscope, please see:
Methoden & Expertise zur Forschungsinfrastruktur
Brillouin Scattering Confocal Microscopy:
- Allows for confocal scanning measurements of GHz-regime viscoelastic moduli.
- 532nm excitation laser
- Custom VIPA based spectrometer for high efficiency and finesse spectral measurements of Brillouin scattering signal
- Parallel fluorescence emission confocal (PMT) detection channel and high resolution spectrometer (Ocean Optics) with same excitation laser and through same pinhole to map pixel-per-pixel correlation of fluorescence intensity / Raman peaks and viscoelastic properties
- long distance (300 micron) 3-axis piezo for confocal scans of sample. Joystick controlled 3-axis motor (ASI) for larger area scans
- Occular for easy sample finding
- parallel widefield transmitted light or sequential DIC imaging
- Custom written user friendly software allowing for easy line, area or volume scans, and on the fly analysis (spectral fitting)