Wien | Website
The Biomedical Sequencing Facility (BSF) is part of the joint genomics core facility of the CeMM Research Center for Molecular Medicine of the Austrian Academy of Sciences and the Medical University of Vienna. The facility provides research support and consulting for a broad range of applications of next generation sequencing in biomedicine with a sequencing service using various equipment including the Illumina HiSeq 3000 platform. The facility has recently installed a robotics platform for automated library preparation covering RNA-seq, exome-seq and whole sequencing from purified DNA/RNA samples on the scale of 96-well plates including an initial data analysis. Bioinformatic data processing, analysis and assistance with data interpretation can also be provided. http://www.biomedical-sequencing.at
Dr. Christoph Bock
- Research support and consulting for a broad range of applications of next generation sequencing in biomedicine
- Sequencing service using the HiSeq 3000/4000, and MiSeq platforms (currently the preferred technology for many applications)
- Advice and contacts for other sequencing technologies (e.g. Ion Torrent/Proton, Illumina MiSeq, Pacific Biosciences, Oxford Nanopore, Complete Genomics, Roche 454)
- Automatized library preparation services (RNA-seq, exome-seq, whole genome sequencing)
- Help and advice with additional protocols (e.g., ChIP-seq, DNA methylation, open chromatin, targeted validation sequencing, etc.)
- Bioinformatic data processing, analysis and assistance with data interpretation
Methoden & Expertise zur Forschungsinfrastruktur
The BSF is Austria’s first technology platform dedicated to next generation sequencing in biomedicine and expected to play a catalyzing role for the development of genomic medicine in Vienna and Austria.
CeMM Principal Investigator, MedUni Vienna Visiting Professor, Coordinator of the BSF
Christoph Bock joined CeMM as a Principal Investigator in 2012, and he coordinates the next generation sequencing activities of the Research Center for Molecular Medicine of the Austrian Academy of Sciences and the Medical University of Vienna.