Wien | Website
The TSE MotoRater represents a novel set-up for standardized quantitative and objective kinematic evaluation of animal movement types not restricted to mere foot prints.
The Preclinical Phenotyping Facility provides the following services:
- Characterisation of behavioral and metabolic phenotypes of mouse mutants and pharmacologically treated mice
- Experimental planning and design of behavioral test batteries
- Access to a wide range of state-of-the-art behavioral+metabolic testing equipment and paradigms
- Consultation service including training, instruction and assistance
- Protocol development for mouse behavioral models
- Data analysis, interpretation, and reporting
Methoden & Expertise zur Forschungsinfrastruktur
Any kind of mouse movement can be analyzed to find phenotypes of genetically modified mice or side effects of drugs.
The MotoRater allows video analysis of skilled walking on a ladder, overground walking, wading and swimming.
An arrangement of mirrors allows the recording of animals from the left and right side and from below at the same time. A color-based tracking software allows automatic tracking of an unlimited number of markers, such as knee, toe, hip or iliac crest and other skin overlying anatomical landmarks. Therefore, a variety of behaviorally meaningful parameters can be obtained and are accompanied by detailed biomechanical measurements.