Wien | Website
mosquito® LCP is a liquid handler which makes protein crystallography screening fast and cost-effective. It brings together speed, accuracy and high precision pipetting of nanolitre volumes with zero cross-contamination from a disposable tip.
Georg Mlynek PhD, Elisabeth Laurent PhD
Please contact the Core Facility via firstname.lastname@example.org
Methods & Expertise for Research Infrastructure
• flexible automation – rapid automated plate set-up for all standard crystallisation techniques: sitting drop, hanging drop, microbatch, bicelles, microseeding and additive screening
• reproducibility – down to 25 nL
• cost savings – the ability to use smaller volumes of valuable protein resulting in cost savings and enabling a larger number of screening conditions to be studied
• no configuration changes for different experiments – eliminates the need for instrument configuration changes when changing techniques or liquid viscosities
• multiple aspiration before a single dispense and microseeding, which is essential for automating additive screening
• drop precision – perfectly positioned drops for downstream imaging by placing protein and screen drops with the same head
Also, mosquito® LCP allows to dispense lipidic cubic phase (LCP) volumes as low as 25 nL, while automated calibration of syringe and pipette positioning ensures precise drop-on-drop placement to facilitate automated imaging.
• automation of membrane protein crystallisation screening, optimisation and scale-up using techniques such as LCP and bicelles