Wien | Website
The Vienna Drosophila Resource Center (VDRC) has several resources:
1. Genome-wide RNAi libraries (GD, KK and shRNA)
- GD library, 12,942 lines. P-element based transgenes, random insertion sites.
- KK library, 9,680 lines. phiC31-based transgenes, single, defined insertion site.
- shRNA library, 803 lines. phiC31-based short hairpins, single, defined insertion site.
- 13,840 DNA constructs used to generate the GD RNAi transgenic fly collection.
2. CRISPR-mediated genome engineering library (Heidelberg HD-CFD)
- 1,600 transgenic sgRNA lines targeting primarily kinases, phosphatases, transcription factors and fly homologs of human genes.
- 23 transgenic lines driving expression of Cas9 at different levels and in various temporal/spatial patterns.
3. GAL4- Driver library (VT - Vienna Tiles)
- VT Gal4 library, 200 lines. phiC31-based transgenes, single, defined insertion site.
4. Tagged FlyFos TransgeneOme (fTRG) library
- fTRG library, 903 lines. Multi-epitope-tagged genes for analysis of gene function and protein localization.
5. Other resources
- transgenic fly stocks and plasmids which fall into a variety of categories, including mutant alleles, deficiencies, tagged constructs, tethering lines, reporters and markers.
The Vienna Drosophila Resource Center aims to promote scientific discoveries by facilitating systematic analysis of gene function in Drosophila using in vivo transgenic technology. Our immediate goals are to maintain and distribute transgenic RNAi lines and other resources to the Drosophila researchers, both locally and world-wide, and in future, to further develop and expand VDRC resources according to the emerging new technologies and community needs.
Methoden & Expertise zur Forschungsinfrastruktur
Systematic analysis of gene function in Drosophila.