7010B Triple Quadrupole GC/MS System. Agilent Technologies.
The system is equipped with a robotic sample preparation device from Gerstel enabling fully automated two-step derivatization procedures. It supports electron ionization and chemical ionization in combination with a fast scanning MS/MS, which offers enhanced resolution for precursor isolation.
• Highly accurate, targeted quantification of metabolites in biotechnological and biological samples based on stable isotope internal standardization
• Non-targeted (differential) metabolomics workflows
• Determination of isotopologue and tandem mass isotopomer fractions for metabolic flux analysis
• Environmental analysis (e.g. non-target pollutant screening and tracing, exposomics)
• Method development expertise for mass spectrometry-based analysis in metabolomics and environmental analysis
• Scientific support for all stages of analytical study design, method planning and execution
Methods & Expertise for Research Infrastructure
Gas chromatography coupled with tandem mass spectrometry yields high-quality analytical performance particularly in regard to discrimination against chemical matrix background and detection of targets. Uses just-in-time derivatization to yield fast and robust quantitative results.