Wien | Website
Vector network analyzer (VNA), 67 GHz, S-parameters, 4-port, second internal source, nonlinear extension (X-parameters) up to 50 GHz. Extensions for: pulsed measurements, high speed measurements, intermodulation, compression, mixer (scalar + vector), true differential measurements
Additionally available equipment: 2-port E-cal 67GHz, phase-references up to 50GHz for X-parameter measurements, phase-stable VNA-cables, several adpaters
The VNA can be combined with a Maury ATS load-pull system.
Assoc.Prof. Dr. Holger Arthaber
- linear and nonlinear measurements of components and systems
- measurement of connectorized devices, on PCBs, on-wafer
- S-parameter measurements
- scalar and vectrorial mixer measurements
- two-tone intermodulation measurements (incl. sweeps over center frequency and tone-distance)
- pulsed measurements
- single-ended, differential, and mixed mode measurements
- time-domain analysis and time-gating
- generation of X-parameter models
- high speed measurements
- extended calibration techniques like AFR (automatic fixture removal)
- frequeny range: X-parameters up to 50 GHz, everything else up to 67 GHz
- harmonic load-pull measurements up to 18 GHz
Methods & Expertise for Research Infrastructure
In its base configuration, the instrument is an essential measurement tool in RF/micrwoave engineering. It enables characterization and modeling of single components as well as of complete systems. It supports simulation of complex RF/microwave systems and validation of research results.
The instrument supports the research area "microwave engineering". Involved staff has detailed knowledge on measurement capabilities, even for those which are far off from standard measurements.