Wien | Website
A dry room with a state-of-the-art research pilot line for pouch cell manufacturing (up to 10 Ah) enables prototyping of lithium ion cells close to industrial production. Industrially relevant research and test activities can thus be carried out at reduced cost, minimizing capital investment risks for industrial partners.
Dr. Marcus Jahn
• Electrode design and slurry development for scale-up processes
• Electrode coating and calendering
• Pouch cell manufacturing with up to 10 Ah capacity per cell
• Prototype manufacturing in a dry room (dew point down to -60 °C)
• Cell component validation
• Automatic electrode stacking and electrolyte filling
• Next generation smart cell design with integrated sensors
Methods & Expertise for Research Infrastructure
Particular focus is put on optimizing each production step and on innovative cell and component design.
Allocation to Core Facility
Sonderband zur Thermokinetik, Herausgeber: Wolfgang Hohenauer