Silicon Austria Labs GmbH (SAL)
Villach | Website
Thin-film deposition tool with manual loading of single wafers up to 200mm.
• E-beam evaporation system with 4 pockets
• DC and RF sputtering with 3 magnetron cathodes
Methods & Expertise for Research Infrastructure
The UNIVEX900 is an advanced coating system which can perform co-sputtering and e-beam evaporation in the same chamber in the same chamber. This tool is compatible with 8-inch wafers (200 mm) and can be used to deposit many materials such as metals, oxides or nitrides.
- Three magnetron sources, housing 100mm targets (indirectly or Directly cooled targets)
- Two source generators: DC (1500 W) and RF (600 W)
- Co-sputtering, reactive sputtering (O2 / N2)
- Bias generator, holder's heating / cooling
- 4-pocket turret from Ferrotec (EV M-6, 8cc)
- E-beam acceleration voltage: 10 kV
- E-beam gun power: 5 kW
- Crucible-to-Wafer distance: > 90 cm
- PID-controlled deposition rate